You can now deposit hot lunch money online through e-Funds for Schools. Please go to Marian’s e-Funds site here to set up an account and log in. You will be able to track meal transactions at PowerSchool Parent Portal > Balances.
Monday, Sept. 16: Beef and chicken taco bowl salad
Tuesday, Sept. 17: Shrimp pasta
Wednesday, Sept. 18: Pizza
Thursday, Sept. 19: Boneless chicken wings with potato wedges
Friday, Sept. 20: Chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks and fresh veggies
Daily Menu Items
Small or large salad with toppings bar
Chicken tender salad
Sandwiches – ham, turkey, peanut butter
Apples and caramel
Jostens will take final orders for graduation announcements and class rings on Monday, Sept. 16 during both lunches in the Quad. Don’t miss this opportunity to order and get your items in plenty of time!
- Sept. 13 – Seniors – eCreamery in Dundee from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sept. 13 – Sophomores – Bake sale
- Sept. 14 – Sophomores – Car Wash at Grease Monkey on 90th St.
- Sept. 14 – Juniors – Le Peep (all locations, 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Sept. 15 – Juniors – Car Wash at Hy-Vee Gas 156th & Maple, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sept. 16 – Juniors – Chipotle (201 S. 72nd St., 4-8 p.m.)
- Sept. 17 – Sophomores – Arby’s (all metro locations)
- Whole month of Sept. – Seniors – Truly U Custom Bra Boutique. All info here.
- Whole month of Sept. – Freshmen – Valentino’s (Save your receipts and bring them to Mrs. Brock in room 100)
- Whole month of Sept. – Juniors – Valentino’s (Save your receipts and bring them to Mr. Panning in room 303)
Be sure to mention that you are with Marian!
Walk-A-Thon Donation Page
Donors can make an online payment for Walk-A-Thon here.
Marian 3 vs. 3 Soccer Tournament
Marian’s Booster Club is hosting a three on three soccer tournament on Sept. 22. Youth teams play Sunday, Sept. 22. Raffle and t-shirt included with registration. Click here for more information.
White Christmas Pit Orchestra
Mrs. Dickes directs the pit orchestra for Marian’s fall musical. Membership in the pit orchestra is open to all individuals who have instrumental experience and can meet the required dress rehearsal and performance dates. Individuals interested are asked to sign up via Google forms and complete a short reading session with Mrs. Dickes. The link to the form can be found here.
The following colleges will have representatives in the quad during both lunches unless otherwise listed.
- Sept. 16: The University of Chicago, University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- Sept. 19: Seton Hall University, Texas Christian University, Maryville University
- Sept. 26: Villanova University
- Sept. 30: Marquette University, Rockhurst University, Butler University
Volunteer at Tip Top Thrift Shop
St. Vincent DePaul
St. Vincent DePaul is looking to hire three employees (at least 16 years old) for its After School Care program. Hours are 3-6 p.m. on school days, but there is flexibility. For the first time in 23 years of offering the program, they may have to limit the enrollment of children if they can’t hire enough workers by Sept. 20. See more information here. Contact Assistant Principal Diane Warneke at 402-492-2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Sophomores, you may now apply for Youth Leadership Omaha, a comprehensive leadership development program that brings together 40 high school sophomores from schools all over the Omaha metro area to learn leadership skills in an interactive program with community speakers in a variety of venues.
Application packets are available online at http://business.creighton.edu/ylo. The process is completely digital! Please note:
- The Application Form must be filled out online and submitted by the deadline, September 20, 2019. The application must be completed in one session. Applicants can NOT save and return to complete later. We recommend “cutting and pasting” answers into the form so you can save your work in a word document / draft as you go.
- The Pledge of Attendance, Parent Permission and Principal Approval Form and two reference forms must be received September 20, 2019. All forms will be sent electronically.
- Students will receive all information and announcements electronically.
- Students will be able to view the status of their application, and which forms have been received.
There are no fees for the program. The program was designed for students who want to develop their leadership skills, but may not have had the chance to do so.
Activities will include an opening and closing all-day retreat at Creighton University, and five seminars, beginning in November and concluding with an April graduation ceremony.
Voice for Choice School Story Contest
Did you receive a scholarship that made it possible for you to attend Marian? Are you willing to share your story? Submit your story to the Voice for Choice Story Contest here. If you submit your story before Sept. 30 and your story is published, you will receive $100.
Exploring is a career education program for ages 14-20 years old. Local businesses in our community help young adults make a more informed decision about their future career and determine if a particular career is the right fit for them. Exploring Omaha provides exciting activities and one-on-one mentorship for youth looking to discover their future. Whether you’re a local organization looking to strengthen the community or a young person wanting to uncover the possibilities of your future, Exploring is a great place to start. See all program opportunities here. September programs include, DLR Group, HDR Inc., Creighton Dental, Omaha Police Department, LEO A DALY, Culinary Arts, Ralston Fire Department, and Creative Communications & Art.
Intergenerational Poetry Contest
The Department of Gerontology is hosting their annual Intergenerational Poetry contest. Poems are due by Oct. 1, 2019. See more information here.
ACT/PSAT Basic Review
These sessions will be held at Westside High School in Room 220. As in the past, these sessions provide student motivation, assist with relieving test anxiety, test-taking tips and test-taking strategies. Their intent is not to teach subject content, but rather to help students feel more comfortable in a testing situation. See more information here.
- ACT Basic Review – $30 – Oct. 24 & March 19 – 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- PSAT Basic Review – $15 – Oct 7 from 6-9 p.m. or Oct. 12 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Voice Of Democracy Contest
The Voice of Democracy contest is open to students in grades 9-12. Record a 3-5 minute essay surrounding the theme “What Makes America Great”. Entries are due Oct. 31. See additional information here.
National High School Oratorical Contest Program
The District Oratorical Contest will be held Saturday, Nov. 16 at 1 p.m.Click here for more information.
Opera Omaha Poetry and Music Project
Students in grades K-12 from Nebraska and Iowa are invited to submit works of poetry on themes of creativity, community, identity and youth. Selected poems will be set to music and premiered during a public concert on April 26, 2020. Submission deadline is November 30. See more info here.
Fleet Reserve Association Americanism Essay Contest
The FRA is holding an essay contest for students in grades seven through twelve. Entrants must be sponsored by a brach of the FRA or a unit of the Ladies Auxiliary, or by an FRA Member-at-Large. See all details here. Submissions are due Dec. 1.
Teens at Joslyn
The Joslyn Art Museum offers several opportunities for teens to get involved. See all events here.
CHI Health Immanuel Teen Volunteer Program
You can learn new skills, develop leadership qualities, open the door to new friendships, and have a positive experience by becoming a member of an CHI Health Teen Volunteer Program. Here are some facts about the Teen Volunteer Program:
- Teen volunteers receive complete training; they do not provide any hands-on patient care.
- To be a teen volunteer, you must complete an on-line orientation.
- You will be assigned to a service area after orientation.
- Teen volunteer shifts are available after school on weekdays and also on weekends.
- A minimum of one year commitment is required!
- You must be 14 years of age to be a teen volunteer. You will be asked to show proof of age.
- Duties vary according to the areas of the hospital which you are assigned.
- Online Volunteer Application