A Marian education is an investment that lasts a lifetime. Outstanding academics, rich spirituality, and ongoing opportunities to develop confidence and leadership skills will guide you from eager freshman to independent, college-bound graduate. You’ll meet girls from all over Omaha, expand your circle of friends and develop an enduring sisterhood with your class.
There is a place for everyone at Marian, and we can’t wait to have you here! To reserve your place in our incoming freshman class or to transfer to Marian, see the guidelines below.
How to Apply to Marian
We have recently implemented a new admissions process and we look forward to working together! You will first create a parent account. Once you are in our system, you can register for the placement exam. After the placement exam, a checklist will be generated and you’ll be prompted of required steps. This checklist is a great way to stay informed as you navigate through required steps and meet important admissions deadlines.
In the Archdiocese of Omaha, all Catholic high schools administer the High School Placement Test (HSPT) on the second Saturday in January. At Marian, the placement exam results are used to award academic scholarships and place each student in appropriate freshman courses. Last year we awarded nearly 40 academic scholarships to incoming freshmen. If a student does not take the placement exam at Marian, she may need to take additional testing.
Application Checklist for Incoming Freshmen
- Create a Parent Account.
- Submit the Admissions Recommendation form and materials by Jan. 26, 2024. These will become available in your account after you have taken the 8th Grade Placement Exam. A copy was also given to your daughter after the placement exam.
- Marian official acceptance letters will be mailed on Feb. 2, 2024.
- Academic scholarships will be delivered to the Catholic schools on Feb. 6, 2024. Academic scholarships for private and public schools will be presented on Feb. 20, 2024 before the pre-registration meeting at Marian.
- Attend the pre-registration meeting for incoming freshmen and their parents on Feb. 20, 2024.
- Pay registration fee of $350.00 here. Register for the Class of 2028 on Feb. 26, 2024.
- Apply for tuition assistance, if needed, by March 1, 2024. More information on tuition assistance can be found here.
Guidelines for Transfer Students
High school students who are interested in transferring to Marian must have a parent contact the Assistant Principal for specifics on transferring. The transfer process requires that you:
- Submit transcripts and any standardized test scores from your current school.
- Schedule a visit day.
- Submit the transfer admissions recommendation form (completed by current high school) along with transcripts and any standardized test scores.
- Interview with the assistant principal.
- Register for classes and pay the $350 registration fee.
Marian is a Catholic educational community open to academically qualified girls who uphold the philosophy and mission of Marian High School. Entrance tests and transfer evaluations are part of the admissions criteria. All curricular and course requirements apply to each girl who aspires to a Marian diploma.