- Investigate the need to take the SAT I or SAT II Tests
- Finish college applications, especially for selective colleges with deadlines between December 15 and January 15th. Submit these applications to counselors by December 1st.
- Review scholarship opportunities in the College Center
- Submit mid-year report forms, if needed to your counselor
*A word of caution concerning scholarship search programs that request money. Many of these scholarship searches are available at no cost. If you have any questions, please call the Student Advisory Department at 402-571-2618.
- Apply for Goodrich and/or Kiewit scholarships if you have substantial financial need.
- FAFSA information is now available in the College Center. The FAFSA is used to apply for state, federal and college specific financial aid. You are encouraged to file your FAFSA on line to expedite processing time. Before you apply for financial aid, you should apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) which is used as an electronic signature for the on-line FAFSA. This will speed up the process for you. Just go to www.pin.ed.gov, click on the “Apply for PIN” graphic, and enter the requested information. You will have your unique PIN within 10 to 30 days. Apply now for your PIN so you can use it as an electronic signature when you complete the on-line FAFSA. This will speed up the process, eliminate the signature page and allow on-line corrections to the Student Aid Report that you will receive. If you have specific questions about the financial aid process or the form itself, we encourage you to contact the Education Quest Foundation at 391-4033 or www.educationquest.org. There is no fee for utilizing this service.
- Remember to submit a copy of any scholarship award letter your senior receives to Mrs. Zimmerman in the College Center. Only verified scholarships will be recognized in the graduation program.