The Marian Fund, formerly known as The Annual Fund, is the single most important fund-raising effort because it immediately and directly impacts our students. Year after year, the Marian community—parents, alumnae, parents of alums, the Board of Directors, the Servants of Mary, staff and special friends—is called upon to donate a tax deductible contribution to this annual campaign. These gifts make up more than 15% of Marian’s annual revenue, which helps support the mission and vision of Marian.
Namely, The Marian Fund:
- Provides dollars for Marian’s successful and vital tuition assistance program.
- Ensures that Marian’s faculty is compensated for its superlative effort in the classroom, creating the next generation of empowered leaders.
- Underwrites educational upgrades, such as our state-of-the-art computers labs and science equipment, which help Marian remain the No. 1 Catholic school for girls in the state of Nebraska.
Ultimately, The Marian Fund:
- Ensures a superlative Servite educational experience for all Marian Girls.
- Boosts academic enrichment and program development, making ten dual enrollment courses with three Midwest universities available to students.
- Supports staff compensation, allowing Marian to recruit and retain the finest teachers and strong support staff, such as a Student Success Coordinator.
- Introduces and implements cutting-edge technology in the classrooms, including interactive labs, Skype and weekly pod casts produced and edited by the students.
- Supports Campus Ministry efforts at local service sites, teaching students compassionate service to others.
- Provides tuition assistance to more than 42% of the student body.
The Marian of Tomorrow:
More than ever, Marian is dedicated to fulfilling its promise of empowering girls to succeed as confident, independent, thinking leaders. Although we wish tuition alone could cover the costs of creating a Marian education, it simply does not. The Marian Fund is the most important fundraising effort because each gift immediately impacts every student. Gifts from The Marian Fund help meet the expenses of the school as well as provide 42% of our student body with tuition assistance. Without these gifts, Marian would not be the leader in girls education that it is today! Without your generous support, the future of Marian would not be the bright, promising one it is today.